The Opposite First Date

A few months ago I posted about a really bad first date. A long drive with very little talking, and pool playing etc. Well a couple of weeks ago i went on the opposite of this miserable first date, I actually went on an amazing first date with a great guy. This is a hard post to write because i don't want to jinx anything that i may have with this person.

I met J over three years ago when Arg was his roommate and even though we didn't really hit it off at that time i do remember that i thought he was cute. We have run into each other over the past few years but never really talked. A couple of weeks ago we bumped into each other and sparks went off. It was definitely a weird experience but something felt right. At the end of the night he asked if he could take me out to dinner, I agreed and was looking forward to the dinner.

The following day he called around lunch time to confirm our date and then actually came to my store to take me to lunch as well because I was having a rough day at the store. It was nice to get out of the store for a bit and we got to know each other a bit more and enjoyed each others company. We made plans to meet at 8:00 that evening at his place in the South End so that he could take me to Stella (one of his favorite restaurants).

We got to the restaurant and the hostess was able to take us within fifteen minutes even though there was a two hour wait and we got a great table in the back by the window where we could people watch and enjoy the evening. He ordered an amazing bottle of white wine to start with and we shared that while we decided on our meals. The entire time the conversation was free flowing and we were both laughing and having a great time. We ordered dinner and finished off the bottle of wine. We never stop talking (at least until the fantastic food arrived), and even mumbled a few words as we devoured our amazing entrees. The check arrived and he was a gentleman and wouldn't let me pay for anything no matter how much I insisted.

After dinner we walked down to Union because in the course of conversation at dinner I mentioned they had the best Pomegranate Martinis I have ever had. We stopped in for a martini and continued talking about things we got into an animated conversation about television and I found out that he loves American Idol and 24 as much as I do, although I think season 1 of 24 is the best and he thinks season 2 is the best. We talked about vacations and how he loves planes and loves to golf (OK he lost a point there). We talked at Union for over an hour and it felt like just a few minutes. We even made a few friends at the bar.

We ended the date walking down the street, sitting on a park bench under the stars, talking for a little bit more and then a simple kiss goodnight. I am not joking when I say that this was almost a perfect first date, and we have had other amazing dates since. And even the simple things like him helping me pack for vacation last week have been so much fun. I hope that things work out but there is no pressure and only time will tell...

No comments: