More Books and A Great Cover

As I mentioned earlier this month there are a whole lot of books coming out that I am excited about, and a new one came across my desk today. The title of the book is Tell Me Where It Hurts and it is written by a doctor who works at Angell Animal Hospital in Boston. As many of you who read this blog know the very kind and compassionate people at Angell have saved Bob and Tipsy from eminent demise on a number of occasions so I hold this wonderful place and the people who work there in the highest regard. I skimmed this book which was also chosen as a Discover Great New Writers selection by Barnes and Noble and I am very excited and I am sure that it will be a great book for animal lovers. Guess I need to add this one to the pile as well. And the best part is the cover of the book is adorable, and you know how important adorable covers are when it comes to selling a book!


And while we are talking about covers, the cover for most David Sedaris books are iconic. They are great and memorable, about a month ago the artwork for the cover of his new book that is out in June, When You Are Engulfed in Flames came out and... well I hate it. I think it could be so much better and I am disappointed in how it came out. When they changed the title to When You Are Engulfed in Flames from All The Beauty You Will Ever Need I pictured a brightly colored eye catching cover. Instead we get a dull skeleton. I am still going to read the book, but man I wish they cover was nicer. I mean really it just doesn't catch my attention.


And I guess while I am ranting and raving about books I should include this as well. You need to read the Book Thief, it is the most amazing book I have read this year. Yeah yeah it is written for Young Adults but it is truly an amazing story, and I don't cry for books but I cried twice with this story. Seriously, this is one of the best books I have read so far this year, and I have read some Cormac McCarthy already this year.

Finally, I am not going to include a picture of it because I am tired of finding them and moving them around so they look nice in this blog post, but Augusten Burroughs A Wolf at the Table is coming out next Tuesday, we got copies into the store today, I am very excited but the box is taunting me. Darn strict on sale dates!

No comments: