Please Don't Get Naked In My Bookstore

I admit it, a flaw with my current store is that we have no fitting room. Yes, this is very annoying and I understand that you want to be able to try on some clothing you may be purchasing. Therefore, I understand if you want to take off a shirt and try on a sweatshirt over an undershirt. Please feel free to do this in the back of the store where the mirror is. This is fine and I really don't mind.

Recently however, I have seen multiple guys trying on shirts and then taking them off and walking around shirtless in my store. People, haven't we ever heard of no shirt, no shoes, no service. It is not appropriate to be walking around my store with your shirt off. Now, today a young foreign gentleman crossed the line...

I came out of the back stockroom and ran face to chest into a man wearing just his underwear, I am not even joking. He was taking off a pair of shorts that he had tried on and he must have also tried on a shirt. After I regained my composure I kindly asked him to please put his clothing on as this was a public environment and his behavior was not appropriate. He redressed and I apologized for not having a fitting room and told him that he could buy these and try them on at home and return them if they did not fit. I think I was still in shock from this for a good hour after he left.

The moral of this story is... PLEASE DON'T GET NAKED IN MY BOOKSTORE, OR ANY OTHER PUBLIC PLACE!

No comments: