I'm So Excited (about books)

So while I was doing some book research the other day for titles that I thought we should sell at my store, or put on tables etc, I came across three books that I am very excited about. They are no huge works of literature but they are fun summer reads from two of my favorite crazy authors and one book from one of my favorite blogs....

On April 29, 2008 Augusten Burroughs new book A Wolf at the Table comes out, you all know Augusten from Running with Scissors and Dry and also his uproariously funny stories in Magical Thinking and Possible Side Effects. I love all of his books and I am looking forward to another fun trip with this one.

Another favorite, David Sedaris, has his new book coming out on June 3, the title has changed a couple of times in Bn.com and amazon.com but it is currently listed as Indefinite Leave to Remain. His last collection of stories, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim was hilarious and help me deal with my move back to Boston by providing me with a fun escape.

A blogging favorite, the Waiter from Waiterrant.com has his new book coming out on July 29. I hope his book is incredibly successful, I know I look forward to reading this one and hand selling it in my store.

Also, out now, for those of you who are huge fans of Zafon's Shadow of the Wind, a new book by C.J Sansom, Winter in Madrid is supposed to be excellent. I still haven't read it but it is on my list simply because a number of reviewers have compared it to Shadow of the Wind.

No comments: