FEDERAL HATE CRIMES BILL

I just recieved the following email from Ted Kennedy's office-

Just as a follow-up, we have included information about JRH's incident in our materials for the floor debate for the hate crimes bill. The bill will likely be on the floor in the next few weeks. I will try to send you a copy of the debate if incident is mentioned. Thanks for sharing Jonathan's story. I look forward to the day when we have federal laws to protect inviduals from hate crimes. Let me know if I can answer any questions or be of service...

That means that all of the speaking out, the fighting, the protests, and work has the potential to pay off. We need federal laws in place to protect people from Hate Crimes, and we need JUDGES who will enforce these laws. We are making steps forward, lets keep on fighting!

Oh and by the way I am actually shaking at my desk as I type this, and if I wasn't at work I think I would be crying!

No comments: