It has just been one of those days where all of the crazy people come in and I just don't understand how people who are seriously just not all there in life are able to survive. During Holiday time the level of craziness seems to be magnified and understandably so because the Holidays make even sane people slightly crazy. Here are some things from my day that I don't understand:
1) Who calls to complain that about the way we display Billboard Magazine (plus this man has seriously called 8 times for something in regards to Billboard Magazine) we apparently have it on the shelves horizontally and it should be vertical.
2) Who pays for a $5.99 magazine using three gift cards.
3) Who asks me to send a bookseller upstairs to find her a book because the books in her bag (all three of them) were too heavy for her to get on the moving staircase (otherwise know as an escalator) and get the book herself. While my bookseller is looking for the book she couldn't get herself she continuously glares at me expecting me to make my bookseller miraculously re-appear with the book.
4) Who walks in with a huge box of books to sell back to the store and knocks three stacks of books off three separate tables, looks back at her damage and continues walking. On her way out she knocked over a box of cards, apparently she had a very traumatic inner ear infection that was dramatically effecting her balance.
5) Why does one of my employees call me and tell me he has a line of 15 people when in fact he only had one and I was the person with the larger line.
6) Why does the new manager in training cackle like a hyena.
7) Why do customers feel a need to yell at me when I ask if I can put them on hold, and then ask me if I knew who they are. Here is a hint, the "Do you know who I am line" only works if you actually "are" somebody.
8) Why do people think that all books in a bookstore should be free, if I am getting 40% off a hardcover book I am excited, I don't get frustrated when I can't combine it with my 20% student discount and my $5.00 coupon.
9) When I decide that I don't want the book that I can't combine my discount on, I don't throw it across the counter at the clerk. Really no need for that unless you are CRAZY!
See if I spoke crazy I would understand these things but I don't so I am at a loss.