I Am Slow

My reading has really slowed down this summer, I think part of it is because it is really hard to read on a hot train, and also because unlike the winter there are so many other things you can do in Boston. Anyhow... I just finished reading The Know It All, its a book about a man who reads the encyclopedia from A-Z but it is much more than that, and obviously it is very interesting to see what he focuses on and what he learns.

The concept of the book seemed really interesting at first and a few former employees recommended it, so I decided to buy it. After reading it I realize what they were talking about; this book is unique, informative, and extremely funny. The author does a great job of intertwining random encyclopedia facts and entries with events in his own life. The stories in his real life are comical and interesting. He does everything from join Mensa and attend a crossword convention to being interviewed on Crossfire and going on 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire?'.

The random facts were my favorite part of the book, he picks some of the strangest entries but ties them into the book flawlessly. Overall, this book was a quick and very enjoyable read with a unique setup and concept.

Oh yes, and I also love his last paragraph, it ties the book up so well, and it makes you think about what you have read. I am of to my next challenge, but it will not be reading the encyclopedia from A-Z!

No comments: