Pain and Punishment

During Rush I was bad, I didn't go to the gym, it was about four weeks and I did not work out. No running, no lifting, no nada. I was bad! So, last week when my friend DB called me and asked me to go to the gym I said that I would. Little did I know he was going to kick my ass at the gym so hard that I would hurt for a majority of the week. The words "You can do my workout" seemed innocent at the time, until i was struggling to do squats with a twenty pound weight. I was sweating and hurting and quite possibly crying but was really to tired to know for sure. And while I was sore at the gym, that wasn't the worst part, the worst part was Sunday through about Wednesday.

I woke up on Sunday morning and I could barely get out of bed, I was so sore, my abs hurt, my arms hurt, and I couldn't figure out a way to get comfortably out of bed. I had T-Rex arms, you know I couldn't extend them from the elbow. It wasn't pretty but I was still able to manage to have a decent day and move around and do normal things. Monday was a different story, Monday was Rush at another store, and it was a busy Rush, I was working on the floor all day, when I woke up I could barely put my shirt and tie on, as I was walking out the door I struggled to throw my bag over my shoulder, and the train ride was painful because there were no seats available.

When I got to Rush, I ended up working on the register, which meant I was lifting and bagging books. It is hard to lift and bag books with two lame arms. It was a long day, and about four hours into the shift I was in so much pain I had to excuse myself from the register and pop some Advil, which helped for a little bit, but I was still in pain. The pain lasted into Tuesday, but I forced myself to go to the gym and run, it was hard but I couldn't let this evil workout kill me, so I went to the gym, I was sore but I ran for 45 minutes and did abs and a light arm workout. It felt good to be back at the gym.

So on Saturday morning, I asked DB if he wanted to go to the gym, we did, he kicked my ass again, and as much as it hurt it also felt good. I guess I am a glutton for punishment, but hopefully in the long run it will really make me feel better.

No comments: