What is Wrong With People

I know I say this all the time but I really want to know, "What is wrong with people!?!"

1) I closed the store at 6:30 tonight as usual, as usual we turned off the lights in front, put the bright orange crash bar on the door and dropped the gate. About 10 minutes later as we were closing out the last register and I hear somebody pulling on the door. I almost understand pulling on the door once but this guy wouldn't stop, it didn't look like we were opened at all, even if you pulled the door off of the hinges how were you planning on getting in through the gate.

2) I try to explain book buyback to a customer over the phone the other day and I am giving him all of the information I can provide without seeing the books and knowing if we are still buying these particular books. The customer then becomes inexplicably pissed off and says "Well, F You, if you are not going to give me the information I need then you are useless to me." Then he hangs up, the thing is I was trying to give him the information he needed and I was being really pleasant about it even though I had a line of people right in front of me.

3) Another main part of my job this week was to work in the textbook department and help people find the books they were looking for. I spent a majority of my days in the textbook aisles asking people if they needed help, or if they had found everything they were looking for. Most people were very positive, but I had one customer look at me and indignantly say, "Do I look like I need help?" I wanted to say, "Yes you look like you need help, but not the help I can really provide so here is the phone number to my therapist you freak." But instead, I said, "I am sorry sir, I am just doing my job, please find me if you need anything."

These are only a few of the interesting interactions I have had this past week that make me say, "What is wrong with people, because really, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!

No comments: